1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My iProblem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I accidentally deleted my stuffit expander program and can't figure out how to get it back on my comp for free. Anybody out there technically skilled able to help me?

Thanks in advance!
    -Diabeetus

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.stuffit-expander.com/stuffit-mac.html#expander

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Thanks for the fixer upper Doc! Sorry there's no pill for techretardedness.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

One more question for anybody who can help...

Where I'm staying just switched over to wireless Internet. I've used wireless on my comp before, so I know iChat works. But for some reason, iChat doesn't open correctly now, closing whenever I open it up. Says "the host to the connection was unexpectedly lost" though I can use the Internet just fine. I downloaded AIM and it works, thought I prefer to use iChat. Any help for this?

Thanks!
    -Beetus

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That is a problem with the wireless router you're using. It needs to have a certain port enabled to allow some messaging programs (such as iChat) to work. I had the same problem at home. The problem you have is twofold: 1/I don't remember the specific port number that needs to be enabled and 2/do you have the necessary access to change settings on the router?

If not, switch to Adium (http://www.adiumx.com) ... great messaging tool, compatible with AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted