1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My idiot co-worker ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My idiot coworker? Could you be more specific, please?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Man's got a point, Beej...

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

My most annoying was a chick who liked to just bullshit with people all day long. She'd be 15 feet away talking about, oh... "So I said to him, 'Don't talk to me that way...'"... when her phone would ring. She, of course, would then shout "Killick, can you pick that up?"

Now, the occasional time, I wouldn't mind. But this was happening 2-3 times a day. I finally started saying "sure," picking it up and putting in on her desk. No hello, no nothing. She got pissy, and I reminded her that I wasn't her damned secretary, voicemail is a wonderful new invention, and her incessant BSing wasn't only the reason for her many blown deadlines but also kept others from doing their work.

After she stormed off, half the Metro department gave me a standing o.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My least favorite co-workers are those who talk about co-workers behind their backs the minute someone turns around.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The bastards. Why can't they make fun of you to your face like all your friends on SportsJournalists.com?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Exactly. Is that really too much to ask?

A couple papers ago, I had a good friend who worked in the morning on the news side. The news editor starting talking about me -- right in front of him -- to another friend of mine. We went and got lunch that day, and he told me all about it. It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't hang out together all the time, joke around in the office and such. The editor would ask him what he did over the weekend, and he said, "Mike and I went to the bar. ..."

She really is a moron.

7. i work in an office where it's mainly women that are 50+. two of them are constantly starting world wars. needless to say, it's like working with year olds at times. sometimes i wonder how they made it as far as they did in life.

8. Voodoo Chile

Voodoo Chile Member

I have an editor who insisted, and refused to back down, that I remove the word rematch from a story, telling me it's not a rematch "because they don't want to lose to them again."
    She also replaced the word "hoped" with "expected" in a story, telling me that we always have to use more active verbs and that hoped is too passive. Never mind the next sentence was a quote that said "It's pretty iffy at this point and I don't know if it's going to happen."

9. lono

lono Active Member

FIXED.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

We endure the hapless emails of our retarded office manager every day. My favorite one of the month so far (word for word and spelling errors): "Come join your team mates to celebrate August birfffdays! This Friday at 4pm in the conference room we will have cake, pie, and if your lucky, cupcakes! Come celebrate and appreciate your coworkers. We promise to sing!" This shit is always followed by a stupid clip art picture of a "birfffday" cake. And if you're not there, you get tracked down. This nonsense is taken seriously. It absolutely sucks.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't care what they pay you.

Quit now.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

And honestly, every instance I am subjected to this, all I can think of is Milton in Office Space. "Just pass."

Draft saved Draft deleted