1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Favorite SJ.com Quote of 2006!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

My favorite, and perhaps unintended (either way, the visual is too funny to forget) quote of the year comes from Jones on the breast-feeding thread way back in the summer.

"And believe me, you get more dirty looks when your kid is screaming than if you were jerking off into a deep fryer. And yes, I say that with some authority."

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/776107/

'preciate it Jonesy. Happy Holidays! ;D

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What a great thread. Short, but good.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Can't remember who said "Fuck auto racing in any form. That is all," in a NASCAR thread. Not witty or clever, but dang it, the message rings true.

That's the first one that springs to mind and it's a very good one, but there are better...just can't remember them exactly...would have to go back to old threads.

My temporary favorite at the moment is at left. Can't believe that I have a heyabbott quote on my posts. But like the auto racing quote, the simple purity of the sentiment speaks to me.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

WI, that was me.

On the heels of my "The NBA sucks ball." campaign from the year before.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The first one that springs to mind was the one that was made recently from DyePack on the "Wedding Registry Help" thread:

"The wedding I remember is where the groom sang the song he had composed for his bride.

Now he's HIV-positive."
    DyePack

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/35249/

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Zeke, I think it was immediately nominated for Post of the Year...
    [​IMG]
    I truly loathe NASCAR. And I'm a Southerner.

Draft saved Draft deleted