1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Contact Lenses and False Age Creep Signal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I switched to contacts 2 1/2 years ago. I love them. I only wear the glasses right before bed. I don't think I could ever go back to glasses full time.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I just can't have contact lenses; can't have something right on my eye. I did break a pair of glasses when chipmunk tried to run me over.

3. I only tried to do that on the Saturn. That car died 7 months ago. ;)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess heaven needed to save my life.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I wear contacts and go with reading glasses for the up-close stuff. But I hate the half-glasses, "librarian" look, so I opt for full-frame readers.

Problem: Covering games. Hard to watch action, then look down at notebook or laptop screen. So end up sliding the full-framers down my nose, to the point that they look like half-glasses anyway.

Solution: Found online some full-frame reader bifocals, which go from clear glass near top of the lens to reading correction near bottom. These generally are the old style of bifocals, because getting progressives -- even clear to reading -- will send you to an optical department and have you digging deep. But ability to wear decent frames, full-size, and still do both close and far work while doffing them for my contacts view of life at the final horn, that's what I wanted. And got.

Draft saved Draft deleted