1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My childhood crush ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 27, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I told her if anything does happen with us that i want it to develop over time. I'm not just out for sex; i'm not that kind of guy at all. I know it will be sometime down the road before anything happens on my end.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So she was your childhood crush but your buddy married her? No, you owe him nothing. Go for whatever you want with her, including the possibility of taking sportschick's advice.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You could do the "right" thing and still lose the friendship. Even if you're motivated by her best interest, she might feel rejected, and the notion that you don't want to take advantage of her vulnerability does imply that you don't consider her sane at that point, which she might resent. In hindsight, I should have gone for it.

4. I'd like to make a random baked chicken reference.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

You may end up losing two relationships if everything goes to shit, but then again the risk might be worth the reward if everything turns out well.

Not a bad situation to be in though. I wish you well.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I can testify that that is a true statement.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You only get to live one time, and god knows if you don't take a crack at it -- pun intended -- you're going to wake up next week, 50 years old and wondering what it'd have been like to grind nasties with her.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My childhood crush might now in fact be a lesbian.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Why, does she have a penis?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, it's not our business if KY is interested in RuPaul. Not our place to judge.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

What the deuce? Stopping at 5K I thought.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Fucking bored, man. I've been stuck on the desk the past two days.

Draft saved Draft deleted