1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My childhood crush ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 27, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

ttiwwp

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not to rain on your parade, KY, but is it possible she might just be using you to get back at the guy?

3. My friends and I talk about this from time to time. And we've come up with the rule that you can't get with a buddy's ex until they've been separated as long as they were together. After that, he's got no place to be angry.

Of course, I like SC's idea better.

4. I read it to say that KY is worried about risking his friendship with her

... and that buddy stuff is high school.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

KY, I think it depends what you want out of all this.

If you just want sex, go for it now. Wait around and she may end up celebrating her divorce with some other guy.

If you want a relationship with this woman, you need to make sure she has her act together first or you will get burned. Just be prepared for her to change her tune once she is out on her own for a while.

I've been there, though in my situation she was just ending an intense relationship, not a marriage. It did not go well and to this day I wish I had simply nailed her and moved on or run like hell.

As it was, things got very uncomfortable and really didn't get better until I met the then future Mrs. OOP a couple of years later.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I would tend to agree with those who suggest you wait until the divorce is final. But maybe I'm too conservative for this crowd.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Steak, she isnt that type of girl. Usually she has been on the receiving end when it comes to stuff like that. And like i said, the guy and i arent really good friends anymore and i have known the girl for about 18 years now.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It's not like Stan could follow his own advice there. :D

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't know. Something in the pit of my stomach is telling me getting involved in a relationship isn't a good idea right now. At best, you might be her rebound relationship. At worst, it could end a friendship if that's what you have with her now.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Isn't Dan Rydell a poster here? Doesn't he have some advice?

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WFFW.

12. accguy

accguy Member

The most important thing is to figure out what you want ky.

Do you want a relationship w/ her? Do you just want to hit it? Do you want to continue to be friends and see how things develop?

Figure that stuff out and you'll know what to do.

There's certainly the risk that this will not end well. But the potential upside is a shitload of sex.

Figure out what you want and then you'll know whether to hit it or take your time.

Draft saved Draft deleted