1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My bologna has a first name, it's Punch You In The Mouth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Unless you're buying the cheapest stuff, they're not going to be specific enough about contents to gross anyone out. "Beef" covers a lot of territory. I've seen "chicken hearts" on some of the cheaper hot dogs, but they're not going to specify what comes under the broad headings of "beef" and "pork."

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I never ate bologna as a kid, but eat it now. I rarely bother making a sandwich, I just roll it up and eat it straight........

My buddy calls bologna "irish steak". ;D

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No wonder it's best with ketchup! :D

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Fried bologna sandwiches are the bomb!

And I use Miracle Whip on my bologna.

Of course, I also used to eat ketchup and Miracle Whips sandwiches. That's nasty. I used to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches too, which makes me ill thinking about it.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I still eat bologna once in a while. Maybe once or twice a year I'll buy a package and have some sandwiches. Mustard and miracle whip are good with it. And fried isn't bad.

I definitely still eat friend peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The variety of cheese was unknown.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I can agree on the fried bologna sammich. Especially if it comes with fried onions and ketchup. But make my mayonnaise Duke's.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that's just wrong. ketchup does not belong anywhere near bologna or a hot dog.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My dad eats fried Bologna sandwiches on a regular basis. It is the one thing that he "cooks"

He also makes fried Klik sandwich as well. I am not sure if you have Klik in the US. As far as I can tell it is a Canadian version of Spam that you open with a type of metal key.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My dad makes fried bologna sammiches several days a week. On toast. Just bologna and toast and Miracle Whip.

Smells up the whole house.

He's also had two heart attacks. So you know...

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bologna and cheese on rye with spicy brown mustard.
    That is all.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Rye bread is the worst food on earth not called onions.

Draft saved Draft deleted