1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My 2 years old boy refuses to toilet train!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by andrews_mom, Sep 16, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, and you said that BEFORE this thread became nearly two pages long.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My sister, mentally handicapped, wore diapers until she was 13. So, while you might be right, some kids do go into eighth grade wearing diapers (at least at night).

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Obviously those who have mental difficulties would be an exception. That didn't seem to be the case here (or usually). Apologize if I inadvertently offended.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are you kidding? It's one of my favorite stories to tell. ...

My buddy James, one of my best friends as a kid, were enjoying a sleep-over at my house. Well, it was getting late, and we weren't tired, so we decided to barge into my sister's room. We bust the door open, only to find her wearing nothing but a diaper, yelling at us to get out. "Gladly," I said.

James and I retreated back to my room to get a grasp on what we saw. It wasn't the nudity, though repulsed we were, that baffled us. It was the sight of to 13-year-old girl wearing a diaper that was etched into our minds forever that night.

Gross.

5. Next to the scene when Peter breast-feeds Stewie.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eh. That's a good one, but not my cup of tea.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Peter: I'm looking for some toilet training books.
    Salesman: We have the popular 'everybody poops", or the less popular 'nobody poops but you'.
    Peter: Well, you see, we're catholic...
    Salesman: Ah, then you'll want 'you're a naughty, naughty boy, and that's concentrated evil coming out the back of you'.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, children grow at their own pace. They all milestone at their own pace.

If children aren't ready to learn something, their brains won't process it until they're ready to handle it. If you have the sex talk with a kid who isn't ready, he or she will probably forget what you said until he or she is ready for the talk.

I actually milestoned late on pretty much everything as a kid. It's probably why I was never good at anything athletic. But mentally, I developed fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted