1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MVC college hoops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Love the balance. Which makes gambling on the league difficult.

Took Wichita State at +6 at Missouri State ... and now kind of regretting.

Any thoughts on the game from the board's many monitors of the mVC?

And while we're at it, is Northern Iowa the best team in the league?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You should be regretting, its not easy to win at Missouri State's crackerbox-ass gym. I can see Wichita winning, but not covering.

Northern Iowa is probably not the best team in the league, its win over Southern Illinois on Saturday notwithstanding. They are the surprise of the league to date, along with Indiana State, who was supposed to suck almighty ass, but is 10-4 and 3-1 having beaten Butler and preseason fave Creighton.

The test for UNI is whether its relatively inexperienced backcourt will hold up over the long haul, they are famous for starting great and limping down the stretch.

I'd say the league title is up for grabs between SIU, Missouri State, UNI, Wichita (talented as any if it can overcome its poor conference start) and, if they get healthy, Creighton. It would be miraculous if Indiana State held up.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's the greatest fucking conference ever in the history of college basketball.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Interesting assessment, Bubbler.
    Not that you care, but it was a 3-teamer: Pitt/S. Florida under 132.5 (final, well under 132), and now i need WSU +6 and UVA -7.5 at home against Stanford.
    I pray UVA plays like it did against Gonzaga (it wont) and that Stanford, like the Zags, is tired from traveling across the country (it wont).

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Butler is not in the MVC.

6. KP

KP Active Member

And if Wichita wins, then they definitely covered. Line is MSU by 6.

7. Bubbler

I was explaining how Indiana State came to its 10-4 start. Nowhere in that sentence does it indicate that I'm talking about MVC wins only, you pain-in-the-ass dickweed.

Why have you vaulted back on the fast track to trolldom? Were you scared off by some semblence of SJ respectability when by, some miracle, you made one of the all-SJ teams?

Don't you have an interstate exit somewhere to analyze ad nauseum? If not, just shut the fuck up for once.

8. Bubbler

Now in that case, I am the dumb ass. I read A_F's post wrong.

I can hear the drool dripping from DyePack's mouth as we speak ...

9. KP

KP Active Member

Any thread talking about MVC basketball needs to include SportsJournalists.com's favorite cheerleader.

10. [​IMG]

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Someone's a front-runner.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Ellis,

For a newbie, you're pretty damned good.
    Now grab me a beer, but make sure to get yourself one as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted