1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mustain re-enrolls at Arkansas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mltru2tx, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

What a nutjob. The kid asks to be released from his scholly, then goes back without assurance the coach will let him back on the team and has to pay for college? Does he just not want to play ball anymore? Weird.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What a cockdiwaffle.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ho. Lee. Christ.

What the hell are these people smoking and/or doing? How fucked up will this kid be for the rest of his life?

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

According to one of the television stations in Little Rock, Nutt told Mustain he could return to the team if he chooses and be given his scholarship back. At least, that's how I read the story.

Tulsa has been cleared to talk to Mustain, though. Apparently Louisville issued a statement that they were NOT interested in Mustain (gee, I wonder why ::) ) and Texas Tech and A&M El Paso have also expressed interest in him.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think Mustain has been painted as the devil in this mess when he hasn't been the one talking.
    It's been his momma.
    In that now infamous e-mail that he forwarded to his mom, who then sent it to every media member she had an e-mail address, I'd imagine his intention was to let her know, not let every sportswriter in Arkansas know.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

If I was Nutt, I'll let Mustain come back, with the stipulation that a restraining order is issued on his momma to keep her away from Fayetteville.

Or I guess she didn't like the fact that Tulsa couldn't guarantee that Mitch will make 50 pass attempts per game.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He's really just going back to school. I'm sure that's his mom's doing, too. All the articles I've read say he's just there for classes this semester because he didn't have time to think about his options and enroll in a new school.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He's hoping for another shot at USC in Little Rock. This time, they'll be within 35!

Then they can play their shitty non-conference schedule and hope the fanboys keep putting them in the top 5.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If so, what a fun semester that will be. I'm sure his classmates won't, you know, pick on him at all.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, they'll all speak kind of his mom too...

Draft saved Draft deleted