1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must See TV, at least for me

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Fascinating. Looks like Gifford still thinks he made it. If he had, nobody ever talks about this game, and maybe not about him, either.

2. bake1234

bake1234 Member

Agreed, Colton. Seeing Dungy and Raymond Berry together was awesome in my book. And I thought bringing the experts in to analyze the questionable third down call was pretty sweet.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The interaction of the oldtimers and current generation of players and coaches WAS the program, at least as far as I was concerned. Neal Leifer and Barry Levinson together was good, too, and so was Mike Tirico and Bob Woolf. The colorization was nice, but we all knew how the game came out after all.
    My favorite dialogue was Art Donovan saying, "you guys are all TV reporters now, and you use words I don't even know" and Strachan responding "I don't know 'em either, I just use them."

4. Overall I enjoyed it and have to give credit to ESPN for the project. This is the kind of thing they can do well, and should do more projects like this. Even Boomer was suitably restrained.

I would have liked to hear more analysis of the game and identification of some of the other key players, though. I didn't know about Lenny Moore's injury, which answers a lot of questions. Or that Ameche was supposed to pass on that failed fourth and goal.

Too bad this project couldn't have been done while Unitas was still alive. His presence would have added a lot.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I've watched about an hour of it so far and it's easily the best ESPN documentary I've seen. I'll finish it off tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted