1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must-not-see TV: NBC to debut sitcom on outsourcing American jobs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brad Guire, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A. In my opinion. At least in terms of consistency of quality, depending on what you think about the Office these days. I've never had four shows I like that much on in two hours over the same network.

2. Not a less funny topic. From the previews, certainly a less funny show.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is a spinoff from a movie by the same name starring Josh Hamilton. Came out three or four years ago.

Didn't see it but I remember reviews were pretty fair and the movie was more about being a stranger in a strange land, not a polemic about outsourcing.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You can't tell from previews. I thought Community would be horrible based on the previews.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oh sure, I get hooked on Parks and Rec just in time for it to become a midseason replacement.

I actually think Outsourced looks funny. Of course, that might just have been the preview I saw where the Indian guy does the perfect southern accent.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Alan Sepinwall hated it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just read that the reason Parks and Rec is being held off was because of Poehler's pregnancy, not because they like this show better.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

A. You may be too young to remember, but the best two hours was Mary Tyler Moore Show followed by The Bob Newhart Show and Carol Burnett on CBS in the 70s. All in the Family preceded those shows, if I'm remembering correctly.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That show bothers you for THAT reason? Really?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought "Survivor" was the most ridiculous idea for a show I had ever heard.

I think I would have fit in perfectly as head of programming at NBC in the mid-to-late 70s.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or Korea. M*A*S*H last three times longer than the war did.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Parks and Rec producers called bullshit on that one, even if it is what NBC is saying. They rearranged the schedule and actually started shooting episodes right after wrapping up last season to make it work with Poehler's pregnancy. Then NBC came in and told them they might as well take a break because the show was going to debut mid-season.

Draft saved Draft deleted