1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Mickey Mouse wants you!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigRed, May 11, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Apparently, this TV show has been pulled by Hamas and the Palestinian government.
    But holy crap. Watch this clip, and you'll understand why everyone in the Middle East (save Israel) hates the US..... this is propaganda at its worst aimed at the most vulnerable.... children.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070509:palestinians_show_dc__ER:1

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Everyone in the Middle East hates the US?

That'll be news to Israel.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Duly noted, but I think you get my point.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I do.

I think Disney should respond by bringing these guys back in the interest of Pan-American glory:

[​IMG]

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, god, that was about the worst piece of Disney crap until The Black Cauldron.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Suddenly, Robert Smigel's "Abu Dhabi Kids Channel" cartoon on SNL a few years back seems downright prophetic (I couldn't find it on YouTube, but that's one of the funniest things that show has done in years.)

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm not surprised.
    But then again, if I saw an Israeli soldier killing one of my friends or family, I'd be pissed as well. Not to mention my country being taken over and occupied.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's simplisticaly ignorant. I'm proud of you. It's an improvement.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Al Roker's comment wasn't far off!

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This is the largest problem in the Middle East today -- the brainwashing of the young and the poor. If you've ever read a newspaper from one of these countries, you'd be shocked at the shit that gets printed.

The hatred of Israel and the west is tought from birth, even in countries that really don't have any direct issues with either.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A boy getting killed after coming out of a mosque for no reason dosn't matter to you? That stuff dosn't happen? Just keep telling yourself that.

And at the same time, I don't blame the people who hate Muslims after losing all their family and friends after 9/11.
    EDIT: And please, you're the last person on this board who should be calling anyone ignorant. For god sakes you're VP of SportsJournalists.com KKK Nation.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You talking about Sunnis or Shiites?

Draft saved Draft deleted