1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The new Arctic Monkeys and Mew albums are fan-freaking-tastic.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I heard INXS' "Don't Change" at the end of Adventureland and haven't been able to stop listening to it. What a great freakin' tune.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Alt country fans will also enjoy Lucero: http://www.myspace.com/lucero

Kind of along the lines of Gaslight Anthem and What Made Milwaukee Famous.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear the new Creed single? It's called 'Overcome'. It's basically like every song they've ever made and that's why I can't stop listening to it. It's so good.

I forgot how much I liked this band. Their new album can't come fast enough.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out if the above post is a joke.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Me too. I really hope it is.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Given his taste in music, I would say no.

I'm just glad the guy has time to seek out new music during construction of his Y2K shelter.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Don't hate.

I've seen Metallica, System of a Down, Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Disturbed, Korn, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Staind, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin, Flyleaf, Three Days Grace, Slipknot, Alice In Chains and Snoop Dogg all in concert and the best show I've EVER seen is still Creed.

I know a lot of people hate them, and I'll admit that I hate how much they get overplayed, but damn that group rocks. I know I may be the only person in line at Best Buy on October 27th with their new CD, but I don't care. That CD will get worn out by the time I'm done with it. :)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Arcade Fire to score feature-length version of "Where the Wild Things Are" ....

http://www.yaledailynews.com/scene/film/2009/09/04/when-did-movie-previews-get-so-good/

Movie comes out Oct. 16.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Really liked what I heard of Lucero on their Myspace page. Thanks for the tip.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Heard some of the new John Fogerty album. Great rip through the terrific old rocker "Haunted House" (anyone heard the version Springsteen cooked up for a Hallowe'en show back in the day?) and a great duet with the Boss on the always awesome "When Will I be Loved?". Cool version of "Garden Party" too.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had no idea Living Colour was still together until I saw a review of their new album, The Chair In The Doorway, in the latest Rolling Stone. Picked it up and while it's not as good as their debut, it still kicks some serious ass. Vernon Reid can still shred with the best of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted