1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music, sweet music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 28, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I'm trying to decide is it better to purchase an IPOD or an MP3. I'd like to know the pros and cons of each. Price will definitely come into play here so I'm searching for the best bang for the buck.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I give up.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, because the first six threads on this subject are of no use to you.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ya know, Doc, dozens of people start stupid threads asking for advice about the dumbest things, things that have been discussed on this board ad infinitum, and all you boys give the stupid little morons your best advice.
    Boots starts a legitimate thread with a legitimate question and you immediately act like an asshole.
    Think it's time you grew up and got over your stupid little let's piss on Boots fetish?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My statement was legitimate because we've had several threads on the subject in the past six weeks or so, and I'm guessing boots knows this. And I haven't said shit to boots in about two weeks, so you can sell that argument somewhere else.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I believe many posters will tell Boots the sweet sound of a woman sharting will be clearer on an MP3.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So, Big Gulps, huh?

Sweet.

8. boots

boots New Member

Look, I don't know crap about an IPOD or an MP3. I have not seen any threads on it either. I went to a store last night and was really fascinated by the technology and realized that my world of CDs will come to an end just like my eight-track and vinyls.
    As for the Good Doctor's assclownish comment, I'm showing class by ignoring him and advise others to do the same.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I knew there was a reason I clicked that green button two weeks ago. Why did I ever unclick it? Mistake rectified.

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

He's referring to a body part.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

OK, boots, I am going to take you at face value and give you what little insight I have. I really like the iPod because it is incredibly easy to use. If you buy an MP3 player, it is hit-or-miss on ease of use. With iTunes, it is really easy to move stuff off CDs and into your library. And to update your iPod, all you need to do is plug it into your USB port and iTunes does the rest. The iTunes store also has a very, very good selection of music (alas no Beatles).

In your case, I would recommend getting an iPod shuffle. It is only $79 and will be a good way of finding out how much you really need/will use an iPod. If you end up loving it and find that it doesn't hold as much music as you want (the shuffle holds about 200+ songs), then you can get a full-blown iPod and use the shuffle for the gym.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have a dell and a sony - my wife and kids have iPods. I was looking to upgrade and they said they loved their iPods but were only compatible with iTunes and that was a pain in the ass. And one computer only? So my son and daughter can't share.
    I don't know if that's true or not. I know my dell and sony are both very easy to use and the music sounds good. And they were a hell of a (not helluva) lot cheaper.

I also agree with Spnited's sentiment if not his wording. Some people are too fucking quick to jump. This is a fine topic and we often have repeated "advice" threads on here. I just did one myself yesterday on golf clubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted