1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Murray Chass calls Richard Sandomir a "twit"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smasher_Sloan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Oh, Murray.

http://www.murraychass.com/?p=4356

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bitterness is a terrible thing.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, but in a sense, he's right. I have no idea why Sandomir got so bent out of shape about being "confirmed" WITH CREDIT.

Seemed awfully oversensitive -- to the point of being flat wrong -- to me. Rovell gave proper credit, merely said he confirmed.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Twitter pissing matches between reporters is one of the seven signs of the apocalypse. I cannot imagine anything less becoming and more pathetic.

If past blockbuster pissing matches are any indication, however, Sandomir will be hiring Rovell to write for his new Web site any day now.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I also noticed at the end he mocks Sandomir for "crediting Curt Flood’s lawsuit and Catfish Hunter’s breach-of-contract grievance for the creation of free agency."

I'm not privy to Sandomir's actual words from last July, but didn't those two things actually have at least a little bit to do with ushering in the free agency era?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sandomir comes off terribly in that Twitter excerpt. It probably wasn't worth Murray Chass' time and shows what is almost certainly a prior dislike of Sandomir, but Chass is actually correct in his description of Sandomir.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Sandomir certainly doesn't act professionally there, but I'd have to think if it was anybody but Rovell - who carries himself like a turd on Twitter - it wouldn't have elicited that reaction.

8. maberger

maberger Member

i was more interested in the idea that murray reads AwfulAnnouncing 'cause it's a you know - BLOG.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

He definitely does not write a blog. That's not what he writes.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This.

That said, Rovell looked like a tool for tweeting that he confirmed someone else's story. Like he's the great clearinghouse of all things sportsbiz.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I'm Sandomir, I'm probably annoyed that a little twat like Rovell is tweeting that he has confirmed my story. Doesn't mean I'm whining about it on Twitter, though.

Chass, meanwhile, remains a bitter old clown.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Chass may not be the most popular one to point out how fucking silly Twitter wars are, but it's something that I welcome anyone bringing to light.

Draft saved Draft deleted