1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple dead at Fort Hood after shootings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If only guns were outlawed.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON (AP) _ AP source: Shooting suspect was Army mental health professional.

3. Inky_Wretch

Somebody tell Gen. Honore he doesn't have to say "over" when he's talking to Blitzer via cell phone.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Maybe the military will now wake up and stop this idiocy of sending troops back into the shit over and over and over again.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Now I'm getting that Twitter has suspended the AAS @FtHoodShootings account. Anybody else get this?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Never mind, it's back.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

That feed has some details..he was upset about being deployed...

Edit:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/11/05/suspect_had_been_upset_about_u.html

8. Inky_Wretch

From the AAS feed ...

U.S. Rep. John Carter says two others who were detained have been released http://bit.ly/2fNTjd

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's hard to even envision a scenario where an Army officer who is a mental health professional would go berserk and start shooting people.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Alleged shooter is a Virginia Tech graduate, CNN reports. Eerie.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not, however, ironic as MSNBC said. Not ironic at all.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why is it bad to say that if they had the information but either didn't have the full name (or spelling) or weren't authorized to release it?

The fact that he has an Arabic name is pretty important to the story, don't you think? His background & motivations will be explored. The fact that he's Arabic and/or Muslim will be a major part of the investigation.

The fact that people wish he wasn't Artabic/Muslim is proof that it is a big deal.

And of course their is such thing as an Arabic sounding name, isn't there? My name could easily be described a Irish sounding and I can think of many names that could be described as Polish sounding.

Oh, and the initial report was right. Sounds Arabic to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.