1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No. Just stop.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*Googles asylum procedures for European Countries*

Elliotte Friedman likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Two week quarantine mandatory to set foot in the EU now - if you're coming from the U.S..

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They are putting in a travel ban because we're a nation of idiots that has turned the country into a viral petri dish that nobody else wants any part of now. So good luck getting there to ask for asylum.

Mngwa, matt_garth and Spartan Squad like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'll happily quarantine for two weeks in Europe if it means they take up my asylum claim. Can any of the SJ-UK contingent sponsor me? I promise I soundly denounce the idiots hell bent on keeping the virus going.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Quick update: The nurse from Patient First called to chat with me about the test, and when I told her what I said here, she said had heard that story several times in talking with those who came back with positive antibodies. So I guess I'm not alone in thinking we had some sort of early strain of this going around in late December/early January. And two or three people at my office came down with something similar but not everyone did. So weird.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

sgreenwell, garrow and Dog8Cats like this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Another terribly written story. I'd heard plenty from critics but I'm done with Politico.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

While cases are rising in Colorado, it's a very small drop in the bucket compared to the Floridas and Arizonas (300ish cases a day a few times last week). And the governor just closed bars again unless they serve food and use proper social distancing.

Draft saved Draft deleted