1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

we'll have the troops home by Christmas

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They will be greeted as liberators with flowers and candy because freedom is on the march!

SFIND and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd sue the shit out of them.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't know until today that churches were eligible for the SBA loans. That seems ... unusual.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

Cool. They're businesses? Tax time.

SFIND, Inky_Wretch, MTM and 4 others like this.
  8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

My understanding is that pretty much any employer of under 500 people is eligible, and churches have employees. An envinronmental nonprofit I'm treasurer of is working on applying for a loan.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Can pimps apply? Asking for a friend.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

FWIW, one reason I worry about some southern states is I fear the poor won't even go to the hospital. They'll ride it out (or not) and stay at home, dying there. Maybe that's a ludicrous assertion. But NYC has the very best hospitals, really, the very best medical personnel, and I'm confident lives have been saved because of that. I'm less convinced of the medical care - or the reputation of medical care - in some other places.

11. Neutral Corner

Angry Beau is kinda fun, as long as he's not pointing toward you.

Slacker and OscarMadison like this.
  12. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

If they've been paying their employees as employees (not sure if contractors qualify), deducting Social Security, etc., maybe so. Now that I think about it, maybe the legal brothels in Nevada can get loans, at least to cover the payroll expenses of their permanent employees. That would be an interesting question at a WH press briefing, and the answer might generate material you can use to post to your religious conservative MAGA Facebook/Twitter acquaintances.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted