1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, before this is done, I think most of us are going to know someone who died of the virus.

maumann and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A high school friend of mine had it. It turned out better for him. He's going home from the hospital.

2muchcoffeeman and swingline like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I guess we're all going to deal with it soon.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The voters who care won’t fall for this BS in November and we will be rid of this con man. The man who actually makes me long for Nixon and Reagan.

garrow likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

When a president makes me long for for the human decency of Richard Nixon, we're in deep shit.

garrow likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

With apologies to Neil Young:

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
    We're finally on our own
    This winter I heard the drumming
    COVID in Ohio

9. Neutral Corner

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Maryland just issued a stay-at-home order.

Virginia's governor teased a major announcement at his 2 p.m. presser, so I'm assuming we're about to get the shelter-in-place order.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

With all due respect, Hobby Lobby is a favorite whipping boy when it basically does the same shit most retail companies do. And they are always in a "damn if they do, damn if they don't" conundrum.

When the exaggerated "wife's dream" story came out, HL was the devil for STAYING OPEN, for EXPOSING THEIR EMPLOYEES to the virus!

How, when HL stores are closing (because the counties or states are forcing them to as part of stay-at-home orders), they are the devil for LAYING OFF EMPLOYEES!!! JFC, you can't have it both ways. Those 2 million+ new unemployment claims that came out last week . . . they weren't just from Hobby Lobby, you know.

My wife works at HL's direct competitor, Michaels. They are staying open because --- as a UPS Access Point (some agreement the companies signed last year) --- they can be considered an essential service because of the postal designation.

So my question --- since we all want to be consistent here . . .

Should I be ANGRY at Michaels for staying open and EXPOSING HER to the virus?
    or should I be HAPPY that she's still employed, which she wouldn't be if the store was forced to shut down?

TigerVols, poindexter and maumann like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So sorry SP. That is just awful. Hang in there man. Sending positive vibes for you and your friend's family.

Draft saved Draft deleted