1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You can walk the dog. In NJ and NY, they closed most public parks. They should've done it before they did.
    Not sure how going to the store for essential things makes it a joke. We always buy a couple cases of water,
    a couple gallons of milk, a couple dozen eggs, etc, whenever we go to the store.
    Usually go to Costco and the grocery store twice a month.But some people but their groceries week to week.
    Can't really see how they can not be allowed to the grocery store. Think there's a difference between that and
    people thinking they should go for a run or bike ride at a town or county park.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that going to the store is not essential. It most certainly is essential.

But the parks are still open here, though playgrounds are not.

It's fine to take the dog out. I think it was Serbia today that banned that.

People exercising? OK, fine, but no one is keeping a 6-foot distance. People sunning themselves and reading books? That's not the intent of this.

Again, it was mostly like another Sunday in early spring here.

Then there are the assholes still going to the high country and not practicing social distancing.

There's no enforcement. It's all voluntary. Either enact a crackdown like it's important or don't. We're half-assing it here and it seems elsewhere in the country.

misterbc, SFIND and maumann like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I keep saying it. We need that first hard wave of deaths to make the yammerheads take it seriously. They'll still think it can't happen to them, but it will get their attention. Give it ten days, two weeks, and no one will be willing to admit to "Aw, its just the flu."

maumann and Roscablo like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Oh, them guns already is bought up and spread about. Don't you worry none about that a'tall, ya hear?

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I agree. I wonder when that happens or how bad it has to get. On another board I'm on a person just questioned someone about 1,000-deaths a day (the person didn't actually say that, but the responder got his math wrong) and how ludicrous it was. I fear 1,000-plus daily deaths are just around the corner, and possibly this week. This guy was shocked at the thought. So will 1,000 deaths in one day be enough for most? Just ugh all of this. Can't we just relax and try and make it better so it will be better?

maumann likes this.
  6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

agree. Enforcement is difficult though. In NJ, very few people are supposed to be on the road.
    But with as many cases as there are, cops are probably hesitant to pull people over.

More than 700 New Jersey police officers test positive for the coronavirus

And there are still shitbags who think they can do whatever.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/nj-cops-break-up-third-wedding-amid-states-large-gathering-ban/

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, "relaxing" is not going to fix anything.
    Fatfuck has already "relaxed" plenty. He relaxed for weeks and weeks when plenty of people saw it coming.
    Fatfuck's entire tenure has been nothing but relaxing.

Roscablo likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it's coming. April is the cruelest month.

maumann likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I stocked enough food for two months, maybe three.

That's what stay at home means to me. This thing is too risky to fuck with.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

People need to shut the fu•k up and do what they’re told.

9/11 took Bout 2,000 lives? We still have apparatus in place after hundreds of trillions of dollars spent

covid -19 has already surpassed that? What more evidence do you need???

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Problem solved. Who knew it was that easy?

maumann likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

To those listeners I ask you, how many times previously did that have a follow up question of "how much can you spare?"

Draft saved Draft deleted