1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Same here. I was having such a good time, I thought about inquiring about tetanus and shingles (and I have never had chicken pox as far as I know!), one in each leg to match my arms.

I wear a mask on the subway, too.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Went to wedding event last week.

At the rehearsal dinner and the wedding, father of the bride was maskless the whole time.

But when we played golf (and he was riding in a cart with his son), he wore his mask the entire time.

Made no sense.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Looking around my room, of 28 present, 13 are masked. Although, I may have to bust mine out again. Just had the second kiddo from that block go down.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I still usually wear mine on the subway. My employer's shuttle from the subway to the office still requires one, but it's a bunch of health-care people (nurses, etc.) on there so they don't argue.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Didn't want his Trumpist friends to see him selling out to the libruhls.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I got my flu shot and Covid booster a week ago. I was ready to feel like crap the next day, but all I got was a sore arm on the flu side.

Glad I got them.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I shared a breakfast table for 20 minutes and a golf cart for nine holes last week with a guy who ended up testing positive. I did not test positive, so I assume the boost helped provide at least some small level of protection. Also, it took a full three weeks for whatever this respiratory crud I had to fully exit my system. Only felt bad for the first few days but I had so much damn lingering phlegm in my chest that I was coughing it up in bits and pieces. My voice still isn't 100 percent.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's fine

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 6.21.39 AM.png

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that crud is blazing through Fredericksburg. I’m just recovering after about three weeks, and my girl is on Week 2.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I hope both of y'all get well soon.

Just want to get this off my chest. Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. I don't care. I wear one because my immune system is shot and I am trying to get over the crud that put me in the hospital. You don't need to know that and I don't owe anyone an explanation. Thing is, if you have a foot and a half of height and a hundred pounds on me and you even think about cornering me again so you can act like you are going to cough in my face, I might give you the courtesy of letting you pick which internal organ I am going to rip out of that slab of flab you laughably call a body and feed it to the nearest hogs.

Righteous anger and the desire to never be this sick again can give a woman ungodly strength. Also, I'm gonna throw this out here: Back in the day, random good old boys in Lubbock wouldn't have dreamed of being so brazen about being this heinous. What the ever living you-know-what-goes-here is wrong with Tennessee and Kentucky? Is this why Ann Richards was supposedly so mean, to keep people like this in line? Sometimes I miss her and Molly Ivins so bad it hurts. (Hillary my ass. That quisling can take several seats.)

Now I'm going to go scream at my carrot bed. It might make me feel better.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Angry OscarMadison is the best OscarMadison. Sick OscarMadison is bad. Hope you feel better soon.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Feeling for you, but I just can't comprehend this thinking. Who the fuck actually decides to fuck with someone for wearing a mask? I hate our society. Let people be, FFS.

Draft saved Draft deleted