1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Kids will line up for the shot all day long, as long as they take it in the arm and not the butt.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.32.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.32.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.33.21 AM.png

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, etc

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I will say this as somebody who will end 2022 having taken six round trips to/from Australia and who is fully vaccinated and always masked: If you’re flying at all, mask or no mask, vax or no vax, you’re taking a risk, and it has always been thus. You do what you can to mitigate the risk and prepare to accept the result of anything that goes wrong, just like any other risk.

wicked likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

This is true. But in 2022, if you're sick like that man, why fly? And don't ALL airlines owe their customers the courtesy of not allowing obviously sick people on board?

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd offer that he was not "obviously sick" to the crew and that his "coughing and sputtering" could be exaggerated by the person, who doesn't even bother to mention whether he asked to be moved to a different seat.

Bu77ers likes this.
  8. FileNotFound

Coughing and sputtering could be allergies. Or asthma.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If that was true, and you're the person doing it, wouldn't you look at your neighbor and say I'm sorry but I'm having an allergy flare up?

We have no common courtesy left in this country and we don't give it a f*** about the person sitting beside us.

10. FileNotFound

I think in this particular case, that lack of courtesy went both directions. I do not disagree with your statement, though.

Mngwa likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I lean more on the side of everyone overstates everything.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted