1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That’s the way it was here until mid-May. Have no idea why they changed it.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Scoff is the wrong word. It's just that it's been proven that it's airborne and stays airborne for a significant amount of time. I definitely see value in mask wearing. Just not necessarily in the game of putting it on and taking it off constantly, like one might do in a restaurant or bar. Obviously, being vaxxed and boosted helps. And to MC's point, we are more at the point of mitigation and living with it than total avoidance, save for the severely immunocompromised.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I went to a show in January and another in April - same deal. Proof required to get in and mask patrol on duty the entire night. I felt pretty safe.

Hugh Jackman has been out of The Music Man twice with COVID. We got lucky, we went several weeks in and saw just the second show with the full cast.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We were lucky, too. Saw full cast.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It has received mixed reviews and it got shut out in the Tonys. But I had a good time. I'm a huge Jackman fan so odds are pretty good I was going to like it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This.

I’ve been very diligent about wearing the mask, eating outdoors when we do go out, and generally avoiding certain situations. Made it through the whole school year without catching it. Even with positive cases in my room.

I’ve also needed to be extra careful because I have a member of the household who couldn’t be vaxxed until this past week. I know not everyone is willing to do that. But the masks work if you are diligent. And make wise choices as you’re able. Looking forward to being able to not worry about it as much.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

zoom, etc

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.34.40 AM.png

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The world numbers give me a little hope. Deaths are staying flat and cases are only slightly up. That should limit the chances that Mom goes to the kitchen and bakes something else in the oven.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted