1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There’s a Ribfest in Toledo missing its headlining idiot.

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He’s getting his hair cut for the 50th time in 2 months ... oh sorry you’re talking about the Nuge. My bad. Carry on.

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  3. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She's wrong. It's damn funny.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I see both sides.
    My nephew seemed to imprint on my dad's Shih Tzu. I caught them side by side leaving doots behind an overstuffed chair one day. That was when I had to tell him some hard truths about species and the hierarchy of the Madison household.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

HanSenSE, swingline and Hermes like this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My wife (and our 7 week old) tested positive. My 3 y.o. daughter and I tested negative.

So figure that out. I can’t fathom how our newborn can have it and I can’t, unless it’s the first vax shot saving me in which case apparently it just didn’t take as well on my wife, who got it at the same time?

Ugh, and no idea what this means for isolation and quarantine.

It’s been 12 days since my 3 yo had a fever. I think she had it then and is clear now, so tested negative. And I think she brought it home from preschool. But what the hell do I know. Crazy fucking virus.

We’re all feeling fine btw, including baby. So that’s what really matters.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Crazy. My sister's neighbors, the dad got it, the mom and two kids didn't. Glad you all are feeling fine. Hoping for the best.

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Does your wife have symptoms?

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Not really. Small headache.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just got back from a dance competition for my daughter downtown at the big civic center. Not crazy about the whole idea, but I’m the non-custodial parent and I’m generally not in the business of crushing the dreams of 9-year-olds.

Sweet mother of God, what an absolute zoo. They held it in an exhibition hall with a stage at the back of the room and four or five dozen circular tables all over the room, with people moving and swapping around chairs as they pleased. Maybe 10 percent of us kept our masks on after getting past the checkpoint where they allegedly scanned our temperature (which itself creates a bottleneck.) Whatever feeble precautions these folks may have taken in 2020 are done like dinner now.

All of this just to watch a three-minute dance and then beat feet.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted