1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

@RickStain what are your feelings about this organization transitioning away from daily data collection? Any recommendations for sources to follow when they go dark?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We went from ~130k hospitalized on Jan. 1 to ~47k hospitalized on Feb. 28? I'll take that.

RickStain likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm still in denial about Covid Tracking Project going away on March 7. They've been my go-to. I'll figure out where to go next on March 8, I guess.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Because I groused about our difficulties in getting vaccination arrangements made for my elderly mom earlier on this thread, I'll now go the other way and say that, thanks to my niece, she finally got an appointment for today. But, not only that, she raved about how organized and easy the process was. Like, unbelievably so, apparently.

One of my brothers picked her up and drove her to The Forum parking lot, which, my mom said, was filled with hundreds of cars, so they feared a 4- or 5-hour wait through the process. Instead, they were out of the house, and back home again, in just a little over two hours. And most of that was travel time. According to Mom, getting through the parking lot lines and done with the actual vaccinating process took, maybe, 15 or 20 minutes.

They were shocked -- and indeed, she sounded almost giddy while talking about it -- when they saw, and experienced, how well everything went. So much so that, now, they are practically looking forward to going back in three weeks for her second shot. (She got the Pfizer vaccine).

It was so good to hear.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

We are not out of the woods yet. Continue to mask dnd social distance, for the time being.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

it's almost like they had a plan or something

9. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. Woke up at 3 a.m. feeling like absolute garbage. Staying home from work today, might not even get out of bed. But I'll take it over being on a ventilator.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Advil or Tylenol, whichever you prefer, every four to five hours. You got this.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and Woody Long like this.
  11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Thanks man - haven't been able to keep anything down since I woke up. Soon I hope. Otherwise it's just a low-grade fever, muscle aches and sore glands.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Make sure to remember to continue to mask and social distance.

Get well soon, my friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted