1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to wonder if, through no fault of their own, health-care workers were a huge part of community spread. Get it at work, bring it home, spread it through the community. Community brings it back to the hospital, more of your co-workers get it, cycle continues.

Thus vaccinating them is really knocking the legs out from under this thing, even though they make up a small portion of the population.

Dyno, 2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I also wonder if a lack of a January/February get-together holiday helped in this too. Weather sucks, not many places to go, not much of a reason to have huge gatherings stopped the spread too. But vaccinating hospital workers plus older people KO’d both the sources of spread and the biggest population heading to the hospital probably has been a huge boon to helping the drop in numbers.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I think that another reason for the drop is that a large percentage of non-careful people have now already had COVID 19, especially after the holidays. Those left are increasingly more careful, by percentage. This feels like it makes sense to me.

4. Jerry-atric

There is no way it is 8 to 1. That would mean 230 million infected in the United States.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Makes a heck of a lot more sense than people getting it at Hobby Lobby.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes, that was my big worry with my daughter. Then when her hubby went back to work and I started babysitting again I was really freaking worried about me.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Hubby got his first shot yesterday, sore arm later in the day and also today. We drove from Murrells Inlet, SC to Summerville, SC. about 1hr40min. Gave us a chance to see a different part of the state. Picked up a bookcase from fb marketplace in Charleston. Went to Trader Joes in Charleston. Good day all around, as usual the 2 week clock starts again as it does every time we go out. He is set for the next on on March 20. Moderna.
    So my little bubble of my Sister, her hubby and mine will all have their shots finished up soon. I feel like it makes me safer but not sure that they know details on that yet.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Still have to tell people to back the fuck up waiting in supermarket and food pickup lines.

maumann likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

11. Jerry-atric

“We” haven’t, but the virus has. Mistakes were made, especially by “Drumpf.” But all 500K deaths are not due to “human error.” Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted