1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If I’m reading this correctly, yesterday’s new test results count was the lowest since June 22. Still about 56,000 positives.
    https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Upon further review, that total test count number is so low because North Carolina reported -194,000 tests results yesterday. Bunch of states have done this. Discovered long after the fact that they had counted tests for weeks that shouldn't have been counted. Then apply all the deductions to the day the error was discovered. Screws everything up..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Because of "no sports" we recently watched the last 2-3 seasons of "How I Met Your Mother." There are "show killers" in TV land. Chris Elliott and Martin Short are two of them. They turned up late in this series, and, boom, canceled. Kathy Griffin is another show killer.
    There are some actors who are show savers, too. Heather Locklear was one until a few years ago. I think Tom Selleck is one.
    This probably doesn't belong in the Corona thread, but Chris Elliott's photo was posted.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Chris Elliott also had a really small part in "The Abyss." But he managed to make it look out of place, too.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People (including me) loved Schitt's Creek more for the canadian-feel-good-ishness of it than for the laugh out loud humor.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

you don't say, you don't say

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Welcome to my world in the grocery biz. This shit ain't going away.

Granted, most folks in the area I work get what's going on. But I've heard every joke about how strong I'm getting from cleaning the counter constantly. And I'm tired of the dimwits who won't wait, or give the customers in front of them enough social distance. Next person who reaches over to my side of the counter to scan their loyalty card "because I wanted to help you" gets it cut off. And while recent labor talks were successful, I want a clause in the next one allowing me to grab the cellphone of a customer who talks during the entire transaction and throw it in the ocean.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

His guess?

Were his dinner companions contacted? Were they tested? Were any positive?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dear God. Holding y'all in the light. Parents shouldn't have to make decisions like this. Children shouldn't have to worry that school is going to kill them and people they love.

It may be fatigue and the pain killers talking. No. I'm this mean. We need to sterilise the entire state of Tennessee. There. I said it.

The Levys and Catherine O'Hara* are why Schitt's Creek is as good as it is.

The only credit he ever gives anyone relates to how nice they are to him.

I love Canadian Nice. It's comforting, especially right now. Recommended viewing: Corner Gas, Little Mosque on the Prairie, Slings and Arrows

What struck me was his revelation that his daughter was staying with him to do grocery runs. Uncharitable thought: Guilt trip much, King Lear?**

*Catherine O'Hara more than makes up for Justin Bieber, Sidney Crosby, and The War of 1812.

**I'll cop to that being unfair.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Elliott's first appearance on How I Met Your Mother was in 2009. The show lasted until 2014. He didn't kill that one.

Poindexter posted a picture of famed show killer Ted McGinley, but Married With Children survived most of its run with him, so who knows?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted