1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ask her "If they don't work, what's keeping the doctors and nurses in the Covid wards alive?"

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Mercola is a Mike Adams/Stanislaw Burzynski-tier pseudoscience pusher who has long since forfeited any benefit of the doubt.

If anything, 2MCM undersells the man. Links for context: Joseph Mercola - RationalWiki

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Because they are going down to Myrtle Beach every weekend and bringing it back from there?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

June 24.

jfc

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think he's shaking his head that a state waited until June 24 to institute a mask mandate.

New York's mandate came April 17 --- after 12,822 had already died and before another 20,000 would die.

California's came about June 18, IIRC. Seems reasonable that states waited to see how Phase 1 (beginning in early May) and Phase 2 (beginning in late May) worked before deciding what to do next.

We have declined going to Phase 3. Didn't want to go back to Phase 1. Masks and staying in Phase 2 were the compromise. We're at about 2,100 deaths --- far better statistically per capita than much of the nation.

34 states have mask mandates. New Jersey --- and its 16,000 deaths --- didn't mandate masks until July 8. Michigan on July 10. Oregon on July 1. Pennsylvania July 1. Texas July 3. Washington June 26. Wisconsin Aug. 1. Minnesota July 25. Colorado July 17.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm shaking my head at the utter failure of our response to this.

We were aware of C19 in January. Warned about it in February.

It was a national emergency in March.

It's August.

And we're still arguing about the fucking masks.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Freedoom.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe if we had combined "stay the fuck home" with "wear a fucking mask" we'd be getting somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted