1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty bad.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just came here to say well done on the thread title.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Captain Tripps

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seconded.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just got over a monthlong bout with bronchitis, and that was the no fever kind, just horrendous chest congestion and the inability to talk for a good two weeks straight. I want no part of this shit.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Beat me to it

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Coronavirus is a dog disease and there’s a vaccine for it. Should we go see a vet?

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Six people have died in a country with 1.38 billion people. SARS killed fewer than 1,000 people.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the Spanish Flu, which was H1N1, infected something on the order of 500 million and killed an estimated 50 million around the time of WWI. Mutating influenza viruses had better be treated with respect, because if you don't act to limit their spread early on you can't do a damn thing about them later. At least this time around the Chinese government is *ordering* the various province officials to report accurately what is happening with this virus, instead of refusing to report or hiding the facts as they did last time.

Even at that, they're not doing enough. A huge number of Chinese travel at this time of year to be with family for Chinese New Year, and if there is a possible epidemic limiting travel is a no-brainer first step in trying to control it. This outbreak currently does not warrant a travel ban - but if it blows up into something truly ugly the choice to remain business as usual will kill a whole lot of people.

TigerVols, SFIND and Batman like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Isn't Coronavirus a condition that keeps people out of the Queens neighborhood of Corona Park? I'm sorry. That's called the New York Mets.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted