1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MTV30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Mira

Mira Member

Some oldie videos I remember:

"Use Your Love" -- Outfield
    "867-5309"- Tommy Tutone
    "Cars" -- Gary Neuman
    "Magic" -- The Cars
    "Working for the Weekend" -- Loverboy
    "Bette Davis' Eyes" -- Kim Carnes
    "My Sharona" -- The Knack

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

SiriusXM also re-created the first few hours with the original VJs. Nina Blackwood sounds like fuckin' Marge Schott now.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Given how much the channel has changed since its inception, when I first saw this thread I thought it was going to read:
    MTV
    --30--

But I digress.
    First video I can remember seeing was over a friend's house when I was 6 or 7 (so I guess it was 1982 or '83). It was "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Sort of a weird Alice in Wonderland thing that I totally didn't understand at the time, but is actually pretty cool now.
    Later in the hour they played some George Thorogood video where he was shooting pool and drinking a beer. I'd try to be more specific, but I really don't remember and it pretty much describes every George Thorogood song anyway.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't remember the first video I watched but I do remember .38 Special & REO Speedwagon being in pretty heavy rotation.

5. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Let's Dance by David Bowie

Draft saved Draft deleted