1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC Suspends Ed Schultz Over "Slut" Remark

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hope this is no D-B. Heard he had been suspended by the network, but did not know why until I saw this. Not big into Schultz, and not crazy about a number of folks like Ingraham, either. But this seems over the top even for Schultz. MSNBC, now under new ownership, seems to be charitible just suspending him one week. They could have canned him. Hannity was running his mouth, saying, that if a Fox commentator had said that about an MSNBC host, folks would want more than a suspension imposed (His usual rant about bias, etc.).

Discuss -- tactfully.

http://www.pantagraph.com/entertainment/television/article_c0eb61b0-87a5-11e0-a818-001cc4c002e0.html

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, Sean, they would.

Just as people like yourself want more than a suspension imposed in this case.

I don't fucking understand what his point is.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

His three viewers will be fairly upset.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I will ask the same question, or at least a similar one, that I have on the Deadspin/ESPN threads.

Why do people care about inside media baseball garbage like this?

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I see the point Hannity is trying to make, but the only way to rid the media of bias is to rid itself of Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, Maddow, Schultz, Spitzer, etc., and actually go back to reporting....oh, I don't know -- facts. Not bringing up conjecture. Not letting far left or far right in on the conversation, closing down bloggers with a warped perspective, etc.

Unfortunately, it's too late to do the right thing. Now we just have to live with this kind of media environment.

It's not right.

It's not healthy.

It's not good.

But it's what passes for media and entertainment these days.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I would add to your list Couric, Brian Williams, David Gregory, Christian Amanpour and Ann Curry.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Dan Aykroyd wants to know what's the big deal.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

No matter what Ed does, to me he'll always be the guy who had a whiskey bottle thrown at him - which hit his partner - in the booth while he was the play-by-play guy for the dynastic North Dakota State football team. He then went down into the crowd to try and fight the guy.

I also heard about 9-11 from Ed. Lived in Fargo at the time. I didn't wake up until noon or so and went right to my car. All the radio stations had news and the first thing I heard on the main AM station was Ed, who happened to be in DC at the time for an event, screaming, "NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME!" Of course, at the time he was a conservative talk host.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Captain, you self-important swineass, you beat me to this.

Maybe it was an SNL tribute, NBC should give him a bonus.

[​IMG]

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kumbayahh, kumbayahh.

Must not upset the delicate feelings of the right-wing shriekers.

Because of course they are always so dignified, sensitive and considerate, especially the Call Us Next Tuesday in question.

And libs wonder why they continually get asskicked in the court of public opinion. It's because about 80% of the libs are limpwristed pussy-pansy asses who apologize at the mere thought of somebody somewhere getting offended.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

not quite, but apt.

There was/is obviously a market for the Rush/Hannity/Beck types. Fox News is testament to that. NewsCorp recognized that and capitalized. And for all the left wing scorn imposed on NewsCorp and Fox for their bias, Fox is the network that brought you In Living Colour.

Hannity, Rush and Beck have seen their ratings decline and geometrically more people watch non-right wing news (ABC,CBS,NBC,MSNBC,CNN) then watch FoxNews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.