1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC, CNN Reporting that Vick Has Accepted a Plea Deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dyno, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Didn't Mort report he wouldn't face any state charges? If he did then technically he's still correct for now.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I could see Ryan Stewart defending him blindly, but how could Doug Stewart be drinking that kool-aid as well?

Deion needs to STFU once and for all. AT&T is still plugging that on-line feature of Deion playing celebrity home invader. I want someone to put Emmitt on the spot tonight and call him out. His boy Irvin isn't around to defend #22.

Clinton just needs to run with the ball and keep quiet.

The state would be somewhat insane if they try to nail him on state charges. If the fed sentence is light, that still hold some weight against him, will it?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'll refer to McKay specifically for now. The Shaub deal went down about draft time. He had plenty of time to re-evaluate any dumbass move. I recall news of the dogfighting investigation coming out a little before or after the Draft. Considering the NFL's security department claims to be on top of things, they should've known what was going on -- as should have the Falcons.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The county prosecutor is pulling a John Kerry on going with state charges. First he was against filing them, now he's leaning toward them.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The plea agreement might call for 10-12 months, but that's just a recommendation. The judge will decide how long Vick will serve.

And assuming he won't get sentenced until December like the others, he's done this year and next and I suspect the NFL will tack on at least a one-year suspension, then he can reapply to come back in, so he probably won't play until the 2010 season -- if at all.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And by then, he's Mike Tyson coming out of the cell... sure, he can beat up on shitty opponents, but anyone with any talent -- like every NFL defense -- will chew him up.

Arena Football League, hello!

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I believe the updated term is "pulling a Dick Cheney."

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

highest rated AFL game ever.

actually if that new mark cuban league ever gets off the ground you can bet vick will be the first signee.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well-played, sir.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Back from the gym, where a young guy, defending Michael Vick, invoked the name of Scooter Libbey. Which reminded me:

You can invoke politics for any situation if you stretch far enough.
    All politics is personal.
    How universal the argument, 'but so and so did such and such', is. Tired.

Comparing apples to koala bears. At least no one has brought up Sacco and Vanzetti, J. Edgar Hoover or the Seven Samurai...yet.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How many kittens has BYH killed? Why isn't he in jail?

Draft saved Draft deleted