1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MSNBC, CNN Reporting that Vick Has Accepted a Plea Deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dyno, Aug 20, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No parole in the federal system.

(Oops ... just noticed that'd already been said ...)

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He'll do a year tops.

3. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I agree that it sounds light, but given that he's pleading guilty and sparing the U.S. government the expense of a trial, a year is about the most I expected.

Hell, there is a cynical part of me that wondered if Vick would get any jail time at all.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Wow, that is light, given recent speculation of the possible sentence being anywhere from 18-36 months. Vick's lawyers got at least some of what they wanted, then, because they were holding out for a year or less.

Curious to see what happens with the state charges. It seems as though local DA Poindexter was in on the plea discussions (I'd be stunned if Vick's lawyers didn't have him in on the discussions, and I know ProFootballTalk.com said something about Poindexter's apparent participation in them), so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. My first thought is that Vick's team would not have agreed to a plea unless there was some thought/agreement/... that he would not face local charges. Guess we'll find out.

Also going to be interesting to see what Goodell does.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The sentence or Schefter?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Given the circus this trial would have been, it's a good deal for all sides.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

By the way, how much of a dumbass does Rich McKay look like now? Everyone knew Vick was a loose cannon, and he tossed off Shaub -- not a cure, but at least a possibility -- with a new coach and new system coming in, and after a season when Vick was too busy flipping off people and throwing his old coach under the bus.

8. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

And the sun shall rise tomorrow.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oakland, perhaps. I don't think any other club else would be dumb enough to even talk to Vick.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Add Arthur Blank as well. He has got to be the biggest goat in the room today, along with the jackass that is McKay.

I wonder how Dan Reeves and Jim Mora Jr. must feel somewhat vindicated, but that only applies to what Vick did on the field.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Others who sound dumb include Deion Sanders, Clinton Portis, Emmitt Smith, the Two Live Stews and anyone else who attempted to defend Vick since this story broke.

Seems like forever ago since Chris Mortenson reported that Vick probably wouldn't face any charges.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vick is going to revolutionize Home Detention

Draft saved Draft deleted