1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ms. Dowd Has Some 'Splainin' To Do.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 17, 2009.

1. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

This story seems to have slipped off the radar, but I've noticed that she hasn't penned a column her last 2 scheduled column days (Sunday and today). Today's online edition of the Times said she's off today. Just wondering if there's any inside info on this, or just a coincidence. This story is just full of coincidences.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have not seen Friedman either.

3. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Friedman had a column in today's paper advancing Obama's Mideast visit

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If they've suspended her, they ought to come out and say so.

To let her take a "vacation" without the public humiliation of a suspension is B.S.

5. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Chickenshit if that's what really happened. I was reading the comments on her last 2 stories, including the "alleged" (yeah right) plagiarized one, and was amazed at how her loyal readers are sticking by her, or acting like the whole thing never happened. These are supposedly the best and brightest with Central Park West addresses, and their level of critical thinking is about what you'd expect from a dittoheads. I'm no Rush Limbaugh fan, but at least his listeners don't claim to be elite types. OK, I'm ranting.

6. mcgovern72

mcgovern72 Member

Dowd has not only been mailing it in for years, she is another one of the alleged "liberal media" who decided that oral sex in the Oval Office was more damaging to the democracy than fabricating WMD's in Iraq.

A fraud.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm sure this has been said elsewhere, but if the POTUS cannot get blown in the Oval Office, the terrorists have already won.

Draft saved Draft deleted