1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. John Daly No. 4 writes a book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 17, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://books.simonandschuster.ca/Teed-Off/Sherrie-Daly/9781451610123

This might be good. Anyone get a copy yet?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't think of a single thing I could read about John Daly that would shock me.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What a lame book description. Seems like it was written by someone who is not familiar with the PGA.

To start, in opening sentence they call John Daley a "a PGA tour superstar" .

Probably should read "former"

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So, $30 for a 220-page memoir by one of the ex-wives of a second (or, third, realistically) tier PGA player? Ummm... pass.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

John Daly has a wife who can write?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A tradition like any other...

And if the publisher thinks Daly is the first golfer to screw around....

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Does it come with a box of crayons, or do you need your own?

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

After reading "Life in and Out of the Rough" I have no interest in John Daly as a person or a golfer. I used to either like or feel sorry for the guy, but after reading his 'autobiography' I ended up with a strong dislike of him. What a slimy, self-serving jerk-off.
    By the way, the one golf book I really enjoyed, other than the Feinstein regulars (Good Walk Spoiled, Tales from Q School, The Majors) was Rich Beem's "Blood, Sweat and Tees." Kind of sad reading that book now knowing what happened to Steve Duplaintis.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had an advance copy of the book. Apparently one revelation is that Daly was upset with the color his wife painted the kitchen. In front of his wife and mother (who was visiting), he unzipped and pissed on the walls.

The numerous John Daly sycophants, who always excuse his behavior because he's "a man of the people" or a "blue-collar guy" can try to defend that if they're as shameless as he is.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Was it Pee Green?

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe he's a J Geils fan:

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was Rick Reilly there to fawn over the size of Daly's member?

Draft saved Draft deleted