1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mrs. Doubtfire sequel in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the success of the original was largely due to people being able to relate to the lengths a dad would go to to be around his kids. It was also Williams at, or near his peak, which certainly didn't hurt.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This was the second-highest grossing movie of 1993- a great year for movies.
    And Sally Field is the best 60-some•odd-year-old woman I have ever seen.

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Really? I loved that show.

4. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I don't know, presumably Mrs. Doubtfire (the fictional TV show) scored well with audiences and judging by some of the kids shows that hit it big, Mrs. Doubtfire may have become a national star and become a big celebrity. Enough time has passed that maybe the kids are about to have their own kids or the show is going to be cancelled in favour of some of the other shit that networks put on the air these days. There's probably more to go on than many of the sequels we've been subjected to lately.

5. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Yeah, but why would he have to put on the suit outside filming the show? The point of the first film was he made everyone think he was Mrs. Doubtfire. At this point, it'd be like making a movie about, say, Paul Ruebens who at a couple times in the film dresses like Pee Wee Herman. That's all fine and dandy, but would the hypothetical film be about Herman or Ruebens?

Draft saved Draft deleted