1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Rove? Your Subpoena's Ready.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Pull one thread, and it all unravels.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/28/us/28alabama.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Since none of Fenian's friends/identities/voices in his head will post, I'll help him out.

[​IMG]

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Why is that air traffic controller holding a light sabre?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were hitting a horse with a light saber, you'd be carving him, rather than beating him, methinks.

5. Yes, because we should all stop thinking about the politicization of the federal criminal justice system and go back to thinking up sexist drivel about Christine Brennan.
    You can piss off now, thanks.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Show me the drivel about Christine Brennan. Tell me what it was. I'd love to hear this.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mr. Rove is quite capable of defending himself, methinks.

Not that I won't eventually look forward to seeing him try.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you Obi-fucking-Wan Kenobi

9. Han sliced open that Tauntaun with Luke's lightsaber, so I win the argument!

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

FB, I say this as someone who has come to grudgingly respect your passion and persistence - You do not want to stake your reputation on Don Siegleman's honesty.

11. Oh, in this case, which is the only thing under discussion -- if he knocked over a fruit stand once in Guntersville, that's another matter -- I do.
    This was a loaded political prosecution, start to finish, and more than a few people are going to get roasted over it. There's already sworn testimony to that effect. This is the thread that unravels it all.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wasn't this the case that caused a flap a couple weeks back?
    60 Minutes was doing a story on this, and the CBS station in Huntsville went black while it aired and then the technical problems were fixed when the report was done.
    Is that how that went?

It also seems like one of the prosecutors went on the record or in sworn testimony and said the White House was calling the shots on this deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted