1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving to an island...maybe...please help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Late 20s. No. I don't think so. (I'd like to know if I did.)

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for my money, making this happen would be not so much in the exit strategy, but the return strategy.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Can I request a trade, Pancamo? I feel I'm worth at least two 12-year-old migrant worker prospects, plus cash considerations.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm still insanely jealous of my friend. I was twice offered a job at a paper in Hawaii. Neither time did things work out right for me, financially or timing-wise, but my friend accepted the gig and moved out there with her four-year-old son and her sister. She LOVED it. Loved it. Loved the job, loved the island, loved the whole thing.

She moved back I think about 8 months later, but wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I understand what you're saying, but what do you mean? Do I need to get written permission or something?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

one day you're probably going to want to come back. when that day comes, you'll need to start earning american coin ASAP and have a place to live.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

So you're saying I shouldn't just bounce with all my bills in limbo? I'm intrigued.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

May I suggest Roatan, Honduras.

[​IMG]

Having traveled to the country on a couple of occasions, I can say the interior isn't much to speak of. But the coast and the bay islands are the stuff of legends.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Or, get a job with a company called DG21 and move to Diego Garcia, a British Indian Ocean Territory.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

After reading its "About Us" I'm still not sure what it does. It sounds terrifying, though.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Speak any languages besides English, P.O.?

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Unfortunately, no. I wish now I would've asked for Rosetta Stone for Christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted