1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving On Through The Primaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Then if McCain wins, it's pretty much ballgame. He has all the momentum. If Romney wins, it remains a two-horse race at least and we stay in Wonderland. I think Huck has hit the wall.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Sniff....Moddy locked my thread...sniff sniff...and the SC primaries aren't even over yet...now I'll never get a leg up on Fenian in the political thread cred race...and my thread was so...so...civilized!

This is what happens in a world where Fred Thompson and Dennis Kucinich aren't allowed to thrive. Politics. Pfui!

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

To hell with Thompson - Kucinich, Clinton - McCain! Your avatar has me thinking, who would win an election between Mitsuharu Misawa and Giant Baba?

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I'm afraid Misawa would take that one. It's the BaBa's style and grace that made me come up with him. Akin to the style and grace with which I infest, er, invest this board.

Thompson vs. Kucinich. That is a mind-twisting thought.

6. Here's my Democratic campaign commercial.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's just not right.

Sure, Robert E. Lee was a big, ol' flirt, but I don't believe there is any proof he ever cheated on his wife. Why should his holiday be shared with a philanderer?

8. This is pretty damn brilliant right here.

http://www.americansunitedforchange.org/index.php?bushlegacy/blog/wear_the_buttons/

9. Double post, I know, but...
    While we all waste time on Clinton-Obama, the real crazy train is rolling on the other side. The "base" really hates John McCain. I mean with the heat of a thousand suns. Michelle Malkin now has him as a George Soros plant. (Go there yourself. No links to crazy people from me.) My local political radio yakker spent four hours calling him "a liberal Democrat." (Yeah. John McCain=Dennis Kucinich. How'd I miss it?) And then there's this, which ain't coming from Democrats, believe me.
    http://therealmccain.com/

The Mittster stands to profit by this when it gets to one-on-one.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

"Believe me"
    You sure about that?

http://bravenewfilms.org/about

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If the base hates McCain, who are they going to support?

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

As far as the "base" hating McCain, that's true only if the "base" is Limbaugh and Colter.

Considering Florida allows no independent voters in its primaries (IIRC), we'll get a pretty good idea how the "base" feels about McCain in a few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted