1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moving companies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WildBillyCrazyCat, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Mayan?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless things have changed, I believe moves have to be job related with a set distance parameter to be tax deductable.

"Honey, that lovely 4-bedroom house a few blocks from here just went on the market" isn't going to get you a writeoff with the IRS.

Maybe that's what happened to the guys in the graffiti truck. Maybe they had a gun . . . and were prepared to use it.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hire professional movers like others have said.
    However I would suggest putting the most valuable (personal value or price value) and/or the most fragile items packed well in the back of your car. That way you don't have to worry about a mover loading it upside, having something in the truck fall on it, or anything else like that. The items will be in your control the entire time.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i have moved with graebel twice, once paid for by the company to move across the country and once paid by us to move across town. never had any problems with them. don't remember how much it cost but i think it was pricey and well worth it considering nothing broke, everything was re-assembled properly, etc.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, you're in luck. My hairdresser's brother did some auto body work for Abe Vigoda's rhinoplastician.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, it's deductible only if you move for your job. Here's a link that explains the details:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/itax/tips/20010302a.asp

Draft saved Draft deleted