1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you've never seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 3, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get really bummed when I see a movie that doesn't deliver. Haven't seen Exorcist on your list - nor any of the Harry Potters. Most of my viewing is TV, which has really made me realize how much I appreciate the deeper layers that TV provides as opposed to the set-up, complication, montage, final conflict, happy ending that you find in most movies.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Nope. Never seen a Potter.
    Or any of the Friday the 13th.
    Or Nightmare on Elm Street
    Or Halloween

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Except for Batman movies, I have never seen a comic Marvel or DC movie after the 2002 Superman. I saw parts of Watchmen and would like to finish it.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I saw the Batman with Keaton.
    The other 62.....no

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

There's eight movies on Chef's list I haven't seen. Two of them, Rudy (I despise Notre Dame football) and Titanic (overhyped sentimental rubbish, IMO) I've actively avoided. One I haven't seen, because I just simply haven't gotten around to it, is Groundhog Day, although it's on Netflix now; maybe I'll finally sit down and watch it.

I don't get around to the theater a whole lot, I'll see the MCU movies when they come out, and then once in a while outside of that if a movie strikes my fancy.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Schindler’s List, never saw it. Don’t intend to.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Debbie Does Dallas

I’m not sure of the plot points.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The plot has plenty of holes and feels about six inches deep, which means you can easily slide in and out of it without missing much.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Seriously, was it about cheerleaders?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've never seen it, but I think I did read a plot summary once. IIRC, it's about a group of cheerleaders trying to earn money to get to some competition or just take a trip or something. Bing bang boom, next thing you know they're prostitutes.

11. @Chef2 .. You need a guys weekend ... Beer, golf, movies (with more beer), rinse and repeat.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How the hell did you watch Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, but not Return of the Jedi?

Tweener and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted