1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies/TV Shows that should NEVER be remade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tripleoption34, Aug 5, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The first thing that pops into my head when I see this thread title: It's a Wonderful Life.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sean Penn as Jim, the Waco Kid, playing an Old West variation of Jeff Spicoli.

Bart: "Are we awake?"
    Jim: "I don't know. Are we black?"
    Bart: "Yes, we are."
    Jim: "Then we're awake, but we're very puzzled."

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This.

I remember years ago a rumour was out that Rob Reiner and the boys were going to do a sequel based on the tour of Japan after "Sex Farm" was a hit there. But given Tap's subsequent occasional forays into "the real world" (albums, tours etc.) I'm kind of glad that movie never happened.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

That Girl. Marlo Thomas plays a young single woman who moves to the city to find a JOB!

And Animal House, though knockoffs of it have been made time and again.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I disagree completely. I'd put Christopher Walken in the lead role. It would be the funniest movie ever made.

I tell everyone I know to watch the Wicker Man in the frame of mind that they're going to watch a comedy and it turns it from one of the worst movies ever made into one of the funniest.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Silent Movie.
    I don't think you'd find three actors who could work well enough together to pull off not only the timing and interplay, but physical comedy needed to make it work.
    Although you'd probably find plenty of actors who'd be willing to get paid for a part where they don't have to memorize any lines for the part.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty much anything with Jack Nicholson, but especially Easy Rider. Movies that are made that perfectly capture a time and place are tough to replicate, especially if they are made in that time and place.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Red Dawn
    Rambo: First Blood (and none of the sequels should have been made)
    Jaws
    True Grit (though it's being filmed right now)

9. Totally agree with Jaws, Inky. No one could nail the Quint role better than Robert Shaw.

Interesting, though that Richard Dreyfus is apparently all but reviving the Matt Hooper role in Piranha 3-D.

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Too late! The remake gets released later this fall.

Mercifully, the Rockford Files reboot is on hold while they retool the pilot script and recast the lead actor.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The first three shows that came to mind have already been remade, sadly:
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Knight Rider
    Miami Vice

I'll repeat others and go with NYPD Blue and Homicide as ones that shouldn't be remade.

Draft saved Draft deleted