1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOVIES THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 14, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given the tone of the first one, I don't see why they'd have any problem giving Giamatti a twin brother. Or making the twin Owen's good-guy sidekick (who dies by the end of the first reel after becoming engaged).

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

How about a preview of Saw IV for anyone. Very, very gruesome. NSFW.

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=364606

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm sort of interested in seeing "Across the Universe" It has a neat angle with the Beatles music. But then again I'm worried about it being another "Sgt. Pepper." If so, someoneneeds to die a gruesome death, ala Saw!!

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

So you're saying Giamatti lives?
    So you're saying Giamatti lives?

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I saw a fantastic domunentary called the Shake Hands with the Devil. It is about the genocide that took place in Rawanda. It is a must see of the year.

Also, a Stone's Throw is worth a watch. It was premiered at the Toronto Film Fest/Atlantic Film Fest last year and Lisa Ray is fantastic in this movie, which was directed by Carmella Friedberg. A lot of the movie was shot in Atlantic Canada.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Anyone seen Good Luck Chuck?

Jessica Alba, 'nuff said.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Actually, I saw the trailer for it and it looks funny. Love Dane Cook so I know I will be going to see the flick.

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, that trailer looks pretty funny.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

really? I thought the trailers for that and the new Ben Stiller movie look atrocious. Dane Cook is horrible as an actor.

10. What exactly is Dane Cook good at, then? He's not a good actor, he's not a good comedian. I'm still not quite sure how he's famous.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It looks interesting. I'm going to try to see it in the next couple of weeks.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

I met Dane Cook once and he's an incredibly polite and gracious guy. Was a pleasure to talk to and seemed actually interested in the conversation.

The only problem I have with Good Luck Chuck is that in the last two weeks, the studio has completely rebranded the thing. It's about Cook, who whenever he sleeps with a girl they dump him and get married to the next guy they date. He tries to break the streak with Alba. They make it out like the movie is about her.

P.S. I wish Alba would get back to the weight she was at for Sin City. She was unbelievably gorgeous. Now, just scary.

Draft saved Draft deleted