1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moviepass - Get One

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Oct 17, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Might be able to just use the app before I get the card. Will find out soon!

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

You need your card number to use the app.

3. TheSportsPredictor

Got one. Came in the mail today. Can't wait to start using it.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Cool. Make sure you follow the App instructions to activate. Had a brief screw up the first time we used and the box office wouldn't recognize it. You need to "check in" within 100 yds of box office on app then go to the box office to get ticket.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I got my card in the mail yesterday. What TSP said - can't wait to start using it.

6. MoviePass will sell user data to Uber, Hollywood studios & restaurants to make a profit

FYI ...

7. Sounds interesting! It might make it worth it just to see movies I would normally wait to be on Netflix.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When they offer a family plan, which seems inevitable, I'm sure I'll try it.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Used it this evening. Fantastic! Parked, used the app to check into the movie while sitting in my car, bought my ticket with the Moviepass card at their ticket kiosk, then sat my butt down in an almost empty theater. Swift and easy.

Don't know why the AMC head honcho hates it so much. His theater would have had two people in it instead of three without me.

10. Thinking of taking the kids to see Thor tonight.
    According to theatre website, No passes can be used for this movie.

11. TheSportsPredictor

MoviePass is not a pass. It's a debit card with the Mastercard logo. Once you check in at the theater, the card can be used to pay for the ticket with MoviePass funds.

Not that you'd be using it for you and your kids anyway, since it's only for one person.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Can't believe how empty AMC theaters are on weeknights. Been to three evening movies with MoviePass; don't think the total people would fill half a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted