1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie/TV scene that makes you laugh every time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheHacker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

OK, another movie (or TV) thread ... the scenes that never fail to make you bust out laughing, no matter how many times you've seen them.

No. 1 on my list is from Dumb and Dumber when Harry and Lloyd eat the atomic peppers and try to kill the burn by squirting ketchup and mustard into their mouths ... "Here Lloyd, this helps."

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I was thinking Dumb and Dumber also, but the cop scene.

"YOU'D KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOOD FOR YA BUDDY!"

Enrico Pallazzo never fails to make me laugh too.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The "Major League" American Express commercial

When Jake borrows the bullpen car

When Jake is in the hot tub with the boat engine

And about 1/3 of the rest of that movie

It's still funny. To me, anyway.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The family coming home while John Cleese is stripping while spouting Russian in "A Fish Called Wanda".

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Derek Smalls going through the airport metal detector in Spinal Tap.

And about a dozen other scenes in that movie.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Michael's deposition in Jan's lawsuit against Dunder Mifflin. Also, Prison Mike.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Do you have any artificial plates or limbs?"

Agreed with Spinal Tap... and I'll throw in most of The Big Lebowski, but primarily the funeral:

"Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince."

[​IMG]

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed.

The interview in the garden, one of the them wearing a kilt I believe: "You can't dust for vomit" and '"the review of Shark Sandwich consisted of two words: Shit Sandwich." "You can't print that, can you?".

Nigel's guitars: "Don't touch it, don't even look at it."

The Lick My Love Pump ballad in D of course, the saddest of all chords.

Hello Cleveland!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The interviews were great.

Marty reads one of their reviews: "The musical growth of this band can't even be charted. They are wallowing in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Nigel: "Well, that's nit picking now 'init?"

10. Captain_Kirk

Sixteen Candles -- leaving for the wedding and finding Long Duk Dong on the front lawn. "Fred, there's your Chinaman." "Automobile? Lake. Big lake."

Raising Arizona -- the scene right after Ed tells John Goodman and buddy they have to leave. Goodman's comment, "I know your partial to convenience stores but dammit H I, the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocery", when he says "think about it", using the chicken leg as a prop, pointing to his brain, and "it will be the start of a spree to cover the southwest proper and we keep going until we have enough to retire..or we get caught".

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Another 16 Candles one for me - when Jake shows up at Samantha's house and a hungover/hurting Long Duck Dong answers the door and then slams it in Jake's face.

Long Duck Dong: That you?
    Jake: Yeah, that me.

The "that me" kills me every time.

12. Captain_Kirk

Was going to add that scene as well, but more for the married exchange:

"She went to get maddied."

Married?

"Maddied"

Married?

"Maddied. Sheesh."

Draft saved Draft deleted