1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I'm not ashamed to admit that certain movie scenes make me cry. :'(

The end of Rudy: When he sacks the QB.
    Armageddon: When Bruce Willis shoves Ben Affleck back into the elevator.
    Yes Ben, it should have been you. It should have been you.
    Hook: Most of it makes me teary-eyed. Peter Pan is one of my all-time favorite stories. However, the scene where the little boy scrunches Robin Williams' face and declares "Oh Peter, there you are."
    The Natural: The home run at the end.

There are others, and I'll add them as I think of them, but these are the ones I've come up with over the last half hour.

How 'bout yours?

Notice: This thread is hereby declared exempt from any and all rules that might otherwise cause someone to forfeit their man card!

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The scene at the end of The Notebook where James Garner and Gena Rowlands are eating dinner together.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The final scene in "The Sixth Sense," when Bruce Willis watches the wedding video.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Finch Hatton's funeral in Out of Africa and the scene at the very end where Karen Blixen says goodbye to her Farah, her servant.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

End of Carlito's Way right as the credits begin and Joe Cocker starts up. Don't ask me why, but it gets me everytime.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

An Affair to Remember, when Cary Grant sees his painting hanging in Deborah Kerr's apartment. Grant's face goes from feigning happiness and worry to complete devastation in the span of two seconds.

Saving Private Ryan: "Tell me I'm a good man." For-GET it. Done. Every time.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou: Finding the jaguar shark, with "Staralfur" by Sigur Ros playing in the background. Might be one of Bill Murray's finest moments as an actor.

Dirty Work, when the television reporter gets hit in the head by the falling voice recorder. "Son of a bitch, bastard!"

Wait a tick. I was only crying at that one because I was laughing so hard.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The scene in Forrest Gump when Forrest is speaking in Washington and Jenny runs through the water. Day-um. That, and the simple line: "And one day, she was there."

Also, the scene at the end of 50 First Dates.

I am not the least bit ashamed to admit this.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

"dad, wanna have a catch?" :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yep, that's it.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Goddamn waterworks. Every time.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Also when young Archie Graham crosses over to save Ray's daughter, even though he knows he can't go back and play baseball.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

and my 78-year-old dad, thank goodness, is still active and healthier than i am. can't imagine how that scene will make me bawl when he's gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted