1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Remakes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 16, 2012.

1. They should remake Junction Boys

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but at least part of that is because the original was so damn good.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are so many "classic" movies that I think would benefit from the stuff they are doing with CGI these days. You think about the mini-series John Adams and Angels and Demons - I'd love to see more historical epics redone that really seemed to lose something with the special effects.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Maybe I'm alone on this, but my stomach turns whenever I hear about a movie remake. Several Westerns, most notably 3:10 to Yuma and True Grit, have worked out really well. Ocean's 11 was better, mostly because the first was little more than a Rat Pack showcase. Scarface wasn't in the same era, so I have a hard time counting that one on these lists.

For the most part, I have no desire to see remakes, and the ones I do end up disappointing more often than not.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Love this movie. The fact the awesome effects were done in the pre-CGI era makes it that much better.

The original Halloween and The Thing make Carpenter one of my favorite directors.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Roger Ebert mentioned before that remaking bad movies makes much more sense than trying to make great ones better.

Draft saved Draft deleted