1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Catnip II: Films so bad, you can't not BUY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kurt Russell chews up enough scenery in that movie to feed Africa. I know that was sort of the point, but even by that standard, he's over the top.

But yeah, that movie is a total guilty pleasure.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I really wanted to buy just the movie, but when it came time I couldn't pull the trigger and caved and got the MST3K version. The thought of just straight up watching that movie makes me a little nauseous.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Mandingo, baby.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I bought the Blair Witch Project on tape before I ever saw it. In retrospect, it may be my worst purchase.

Also, Reefer Madness, even though it makes me laugh my ass off at how ridiculous it was.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Double Impact
    Point Break
    Toxic Avenger

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Undercover Brother: You mess with the 'fro, you got to go.

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

Sly Stallone in Over the Top

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Oh, hell no! I own it and am not ashamed in the least. Fun, fun movie.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not ashamed of owning it either, but it's not one of those movies you buy just to put on your shelf to show people how evolved you are.
    Loved reading some of the quotes from that movie, loved Chappelle's "conspiracy brother" loved "smart brother" and Doogie as affirmative action brother.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I have stood on the sidelines of race relations long enough! I want to march down that field of oppression and kick that ball of bigotry right over the goalpost of intolerance!

I know what you mean, my friend.

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

BASEKetball. I bought a copy at the $5 bin at Wal-Mart while trying not to let my friend notice I was carrying it. When she saw it, she said, "Oh! Come! ON!" And I could only meekly reply, "But it's kinda funny..."

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This neatly brings me to mine -- "100 Rifles"

Raquel Welch in total hottie mode getting it on with Jim Brown as they spar with the Mexican army in early 1900s Mexico.

Yes, it's as bad as it sounds... but worth it just for Raquel Welch getting drenched from a water tank toward the end. If I could find this in a bargain bin, I'm snapping it up.

haminahaminahamina.

Draft saved Draft deleted