1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie Buffs: Credits question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I know David Chase wanted to do no closing credits on the final episode of The Sopranos, just go to black, and the union people threatened action.
    What a bunch of douches. Nobody besides the third assistant hair dresser's mom gives a shit who the third assistant hair dresser is.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not exactly on subject, but the NY Times had a story a month or so about how long some credits are getting, partly because of contractural obligations. CGI epics like Avatar can have end credits that go well past the 10-minute mark, IIRC.

They went to a theater and talked to the one person who sat through them all. "I just like to get my money's worth," he said.

As to the director's credit, I think it must have been the `30s or so when they got listed last.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm guessing the dawn of imdb was also when people started walking out and not watching the credits. They figure they can just get the info online. I'm one of those people who loves to sit and watch the credits, see what the music is, see where it was filmed, etc. Thankfully, the fiance also is. It made me so happy the first time we went to a movie in a theater and he wanted to stay, too.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Here's the story I was talking about (and slightly misremembered).

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/11/movies/11CRED.html?pagewanted=1

Draft saved Draft deleted